Public Speaking & Debates.
Each trial team to present their case to jury members, who must discuss all the evidence and vote on ‘Guilty’ or ‘Not guilty’ verdict.
Mock Court hearing : Rules
· The judge must introduce each accused in turn.
· The judge must invite the prosecution counsel to present their case to the members of the jury.
· The judge must invite the defence counsel to present their case to the members of the jury.
· No one must interrupt the proceedings or face contempt of court.
· All questions must be directed to the judge via the court usher.
· The judge must clarify any misunderstandings.
· The jurors must be invited to discuss all the evidence presented and agree on a verdict at the end of the summation from both sides.
· The judge must invite the jurors to declare their finding using the words’ ‘Members of the jury, how do you find the defendant guilty of not guilty?’
· Only a jury member (the representative) must report back.
· The defendant must be declared ‘Guilty’ or ‘Not guilty’.
· The judge must close the proceedings.
Swear an oath
Contempt of court